Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ethics doubt - newbieimtarget
How to decide if the health proxy and the living will contradict in end of life care...plz help
The Durable power of attorney (DPOA) is not permitted to authorize any act that violates the wishes of the patient stated in his living will. The DPOA is suppose to make sure the patients wishes are followed on the living will, not come up with his own wishes.
Only and only if the patient never had a clear directives of his wishes, then the DPOA becomes the patients voice.

So maybe if the best friend is the DPOA says "my friend told me just last night at the bar that if anything should happens to him, he would want this", and the wife of 100 years Smile says "i think my husband would have wanted whats on the living will" or the twin brother says " this is my flesh and blood, my brother would have wanted this".
The best way is to always discuss things amongst all and if no conclusion can be made, then maybe the ethics committee. But ultimately, the living will carries the greatest order.
Thanx fsparks....actually the mtb 3 said if health proxy not thr go to living will...so i was confused. .thanx a ton
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »