Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any IMG's working in US while doing exams? -
CTB

I am interested to find out what type of jobs you have. My husband is starting business school next month as I have to get a job. I would like to get something that would help me towards residency, but most of the paramedical jobs you need diplomas etc for, which takes 1-2 years (in Illinois). I will do some externship, but need a paying job, if only part time! I appreciate your advice.
amar - hiamar_2000

All depends on your visa status.If you dont have a GC, forget it. And worse still, donot expect any job in medical field ,unless you have a degree from US. You would be lucky to even find a nonpaying extrenship.
Not trying to disappoint..just exp.!
sd

apply for ECG technician, monitor tech, medical secretary, medical assistant, and so on. It is possible to find something if you have connections or sufficient time. But, frankly, it is hard to work in such position. I went through that, and now would rather go out of medical field keep doing any volunteer job in a hospital for a CV.
Tom

Many private clinics can hire a IMG for medical assistant position. You can become a phlebotomist after spending about 2 or several nights for study and that costs you only several hundreds to get a certificate. Let search in your local area for more information.
Good luck
imgrad

how do i get a medical assisstant certificate?
answering

In California there is a organization that is called COPHYLA (Consortium of Physicians of Latin America). Look for it on internet! they give medical assistant certificates to IMG. Call them and they will explain the process to you. It does not take too long.

Also try to look for medical research positions....after some months as a volunteer they can get to know you and offer you a paid position.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »