Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bummed after taking the exam - miracle84
Hi all,
I'm too depressed right now to go into the exact details of my step 3 experience, but i have a couple questions I hope someone could help me answer...

All but one of my CCS cases ended before the allowed time (and got better), however I'm kicking myself for this but i forgot to order b-hcg for all of my pts (i had about 3-4 child-bearing female pts) Sad . I just want to know if anyone has ever commit edthe same mistake as i did and still passed? I ended up having one pt who was actually preggo (found out through u/s and needed laparotomy for ectopic preg but hct was never ordered)

Also, I forgot to give pre-op abx for a few of my cases...would that be a big punishment as well?

oh gosh i am so depressed now. Sad
I had a very similar experience as you are describing.
ALL my cases ended very early, sometimes a few minutes... I scored above average on CCS.
The test is designed to make you feel a little unsure about yourself.
I was glad that I took a vacation right after my test so I couldn't think about it too much.

The experience you are having is VERY common.

pre-op ABX/b-hcg would not significantly effect your score. these are 2 variables of 1000s of questions and variables on CCS that effect our score.

connect with people, do something fun, dust off an old hobby, go for a walk... ANYTHING but 'kicking yourself'... this exam took so long to prepare for... no need to give the exam one more minute of your time now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »