Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME 16 Q. pls explain - mets0707
An investigator is studying the regulation 0f pulmonaiy lymphatic flow using an animal model. Catheters are implanted in the femoral vein,
pulmonary artery, and main lymphatic vessel draining the lungs in anesthetized, intubated, mechanically ventilated animals. Drugs may be
injected directly into the pulmonary artery catheter and inspired gas mixtures altered at the ventilator ; timed collect‘ion of lymph from the
catheters is used to calculate lymphatic flow. Which of the following interventions will most likely increase the flow of pulmonary lymph in these
animals?
A) Administration of endothelin-1 into the pulmonary artery
B) Administration of phenylephrine into the pulmonary artery
C) Decreasing the inspired oxygen concentration from 21% to 10%
D) Increasing the inspired carbon dioxide concentration from 0.3% to 3%
E) Intravenous infusion of 0.9% saline for 5 minutes
F) Intravenous infusion of 20% albumin solution (20 g/100 mL saline) for 5 minutes
A previously healthy 67-year-old woman comes to the physician because of a 3-day history of fever, shortness of breath, nonproductive cough, headache, and muscle pain. Her temperature is 38.9°C (102°F). The lungs are clear to auscultation. Examination shows no other abnormalities. Which of the following vaccines is most likely to have prevented these findings?

A ) Diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis

B ) Haemophilus influenzae type b

C ) Hepatitis B

D ) Inactivated poliovirus

E ) Influenza virus

F ) Measles-mumps-rubella

G ) Typhoid

H ) 23-Valent pneumococcal

I ) Varicella

please anyone help me explain the answers to these questions, exam in few days
both answers are E
1. E
2. E
@medhead259 thanx for the reply, can you please give your reasons, for question 2 you're sure its influenza vaccine and not hib vaccine?
and for question 1 can you please explain in detail?
@mets0707 question 1 is testing your knowledge of starling forces capillary hydrostatic pressure (pul artery) vs interstitial pressure (Lymppatics) so i go with option E.

question 2 patient present with symptoms of influenza virus, E.
Please can you help me with NBME 16 answers please. My email is ojwanglinet@ aol.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »