Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didn't match, but not upset like previous year - risperdal
Applied for the 4th time, Applied to Psych only, 3 IVs... Didn't match. Those who took advice from me when they started medical school, matched and I will still be looking for a position and will be looking for more opportunities.

Now, I should feel depressed. I am sad that's true but I have learned that getting into residency is one of my dreams but I have also decided since last year I will never allow others (program directors Smile ) define the happiness of my life. Thanks to Allah (the God) for blessing me with a cute daughter, lovely and ever supporting wife and a very good family. Except residency it has never been tough for me to find Jobs as a foreign IMG here in NY. I will try to get into residency till I will have my energy. But I feel it is more important to take responsibility of my family and kid and to ensure a decent life for them. Fortunately I have signed for an administrative job with an insurance company with decent pay.

To all the IMGs who feel frustated, would like to say that when one door seems to be closed other doors open by themselves. It's about reaching the destination. We may have to take a different pathway, it may take a little more time. But believe me there are other paths to enjoy the daylight. Not getting into residency does not mean the end of life. If your talent is ignored that does not mean you don't have it. It probably asks you to make full use of it, may be in a different way. Life is short. Enjoy. Good luck.
Allah bless you and your family, good luck in the next match
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »