Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info that may help average score applicants - docsdontstop
nice story + thanks dontstop!

how much was the insurance + who did you buy through? how much did you pay the doctors for each month usce?

also, which program + state offers fm prematch?
at gansa,

I searched it online, an unknown company, It was about a hundred dollars.

I did not pay the doctors, the university observership was the only paid one

I was offered a FM prematch from a program in IL, in January. Ironically this program ended up participating in the match too. I was clueless to see it active in NRMP, i do not know how that happened though. I think its best not to take names.

hope this helps
This is very helpful. Thanks a lot.
thanks for sharing ur story
Thank you for sharing your incredible journey and giving us advices. I don't mean to be rude, but just out of curiosity, how did you (and countless others who have done many months of USCE) support yourself financially while living in the US? I understand that you took out a loan to apply to 200 programs, but I don't believe the researches you did were paid positions? Please correct me if i am wrong and forgive me if i come off as offensive. I would like to do USCE but the financial aspect of it is preventing me to.

Thank you for a very informative post. I need some advice from you. My stats are 2009 graduate with scores 206/226/CS 2nd /212 with 3 months obsevership, 2 years experience working in research with 3 manuscripts submitted to journal. I applied twice to 180 programs IM with only a single interview in IM. I would like to gain more clinical experience. I live in New jersey. Could you please guide me as to any attending i can shadow or any externship opportunity in a hospital. Thank you
Hi
I did not match this year. My scores are step1 241,step2 ck 223,cs 1st pass step3 211. Yog 2014. I have got a clinical research at suny buffalo from april.please advise me if doing a research from april- sept will substantially help me for this year’s match. What do you suggest further.
Thanks
@docsdontstop, thank you very much for sharing your experience. I have learned a lot from you.

I'll apply this match and need sincere advice. If it is possible could you please e-mail me.

My E-mail: usmlesea

Thank you once again!
Thank you docsdontstop for sharing this and congratulations!
i must say this was very well written and quite informative.
congratulations, am so happy for you. you gave us hope. all the best in residency. am impressed by your turning down an offer and going the extra mile. i shall mail you around august this yr to ask some guidance, i hope you will find time to reply out of busy schedule and that the gmail will still be active. cheers! enjoy your program.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »