Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road to Step1... 6 weeks for exam. - mrroboto
i took my last nbme a week back, and have made changes to my study habits, doing more uworld now, because i pretty much know FA well....ya i was thinking worst case scenario i don't improve i can always push back, but i really don't want to, don't know how much more i can take of this 13 hours studying....

the changes im afraid of are that they are decreasing the questions to 40 questions a block, and adding more CK related content or so it sounds according to the USMLE.ORG website....i think then each question will carry more weightage, for example even if you get 2 wrong your score will drop further than it usually would now

but the more i think about it, its a waste to worry, better learn the material properly and take the exam...nothing more to it, they always make changes every year, and every year there are those who score 250+ and those who barely pass, it doesn't matter how they make it....matters how well u know the material, so i got over my fears Smile

and thank you for replying, so many times i feel like im talking to the wall on this site
no no...never feel alone....i know here ppl reply late...n some just see n go.
but yes as u said...it doesnt matter what they change they might add few questions but major basic things ll be from those topics only which we are learning now.
to try to gud in these topics...then we can see others.

13 hrs is v gud..that is almost full of ur day...
u r doing great..n yes uw is really imp...
nbme can show u major subjects u r weak in but in uw u can see where u r making mistakes still...
jus keep revising fa too...
to revise what u know is also imp.

give a nbme again n then u can deicde finally...
i know it seems if u take a back step then it ll take more time...
but see atleast u get what u got now...i mean not less than that...
coz this is also ok...its not bad either.

Smile hope it helps u Smile
Sorry I've been off the thread... Did NBME 15 last Wednesday and did horrible on it (didn't pass). Couldn't concentrate well, didn't review material the day before or anything... hope it was an error mostly of my part.

I will do NBME 16 Tomorrow, feeling way better than last week. Hope to do well. 2.5 weeks out of my exam. Hope everyone is doing well!
I will update Tomorrow after I finish NBME-16.

hi, mrroboto, even my score was getting so i just postponed my exam, when is your exam,
i am doing a quick FA revision and will take nbme on this sunday

good luck with your nbme
Whats up guys? hows everyone doing?
@mrroboto how did 16 go? I took it today and did horrible, I did way better on 15
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »