Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FM options after finishing residency - scrubsgirl
Hi all! I am currently in a FM program which is very good but I honestly don't like working in an office anymore. I dislike treating Diabetes patient. They don't diet, they don't exercise and they don't take their meds. It's simply frustrating and time consuming. Insurance is not making it easier either. They are demanding us a lot of things that are just simply impossible. I want to do something different after I graduate from residency. I really like ER but I want to have plan b and c just in case. I love helping people, that's the main reason I got into the medicine world. I just don't want to deal with insurances, office and excessive paperwork. Do you think street medicine is going to be a good option? it's a new fellow in FM. I don't care about money that much, I'm single w no kids so I just have to provide for myself. I was thinking about going into research also, teaching. Please if someone can shed some light I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

PD: I don't want to change specialty because they all have the same issues with insurances and I don't see myself starting from 0 somewhere else.
What is street medicine ?
Be an attending for 2 to 3 years then join a pharmaceutical company.
Hi !
I understand your frustation !
Been there but got lost in migration,
I am currently training in pharmacovigilance/medical reviewer..
Seems like a job you'd be good at - where your expertise would
be of great use, also you could work for FDA or drug companies..
and sooner or later you'll be paid the same as consultants...

All that said - what I wouldn 't give to swap places with you !!
yeah, I like clinical medicine too much, jus been too unlucky Sad

how about we swap spots, I 'll pay for your training here ...
you recommend me to your program Wink) !!

message me if you need more info!!
Hi scrubgirl, totally get what you're saying. I'm in my first year of FM and I've noticed the same frustrations with the insurance companies. Comes with the territory I guess.

Anyways, I'm presently looking for a study partner for upcoming Intraining/ boards. I think we'd be a perfect match since we're both already in a program. We can study on skype. I'm in eastern time zone. Let me know if you're interested. My skype ID is successgirl2.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »