Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is taking CK by August 15th 2016 too late??? - ibench85lbs
I did some research and figured out The End July is the "perfect"-deadline to take step 2CK for next match. But how about August 15th, will score + ecfmg arrives at the right time for Application? (applicant already passed step 1 and CS, credentials verified and already has LORs)
Thanks in advance!
if you want everything in by sept 15 you should take ck before August to be on the safe side. Scores come out on the 3rd wednesday from the time you took your exam(so i was told). Taking ck on Aug 15 you may or may not have score and ECFMG certificate ready, personally I wouldn't risk it. But you want to be ready for ck and not rush it.
They say scores will come between 3 to 8 week after exam, but scores of >90% candidates come within a month.

As far as ECFMG certificate is concerned, you only need to worry abt getting score before sep 15. ECFMG certi will be approved within a wk of meeting its criteria and mailed to u within 2.5-3 wks. so if u hv all 3 scores before 15 sep, there r very high chances that u can present ECFMG certi to the interviews as soon as early Oct.

U don't hv to upload ECFMG certi to ERAS like scores, in fact there is no such option. programs will have ur all 3 results and will know instantly that u r ECFMG certified.
@pavan and @sqedsaint
Thanks for your inputs. Help me verify this:
-ECFMG certification will be processed 1 week after step 2CK result out?
-I heard they will send a copy of certification online and a paper one by mail expected to arrive in 10-15 days. For ERAS we need the certification date Month/ Year so will the online form sent out by ecfmg be enought for application?
Truely appreciate your help.
I am working my way through a very tight schedule now.
I am unaware of the online copy of ECFMG certificate, but i dont think it really matters, you just need to have ECFMG certificate status on your USMLE transcript, which gets updated automatically once you pass all 3 exams and filed the proper paperworks with ECFMG. If you haven't done the paperworks for ECFMG certificate I would do it as soon as possible. As for the certification month/year i'm not sure if it's in the online copy but you can just put september/2016 or aug/2016 or whenever your score comes out.
mostly same responce as sqedsaint. however I already told and experienced also that u can't upload ECFMG certi to ERAS. so u don't hv to put any date anywhere for that. ECFMG will do all that on behalf of u automatically.

and 1 more thing. there is no paperwork for getting ECFMG certi. once u pass all 3 exam, they will automatically approve, process, print and mail u the certi. besides passing all 3 exams, u don't hv to do anything. just pass CK and ECFMG certi will come at ur home in a few wks.
There are some paper works pavan. ECFMG will have to verify your status from your medical school where you graduated from. if ECFMG could not verify your graduation status from your school. They will not release your ecfmg certificate. They will send your ECFMG scores to program after applying through ERAS but your status on the ERAS application will not read "certified". So make sure ECFMG already verify your status with your school because it could take some time before this is completed.
@pavan and @sqedsaint Thank you very much. I got this now.
@wellscriteria I think Pavan is right there is actually no paper work but for certi to be processed IMG's credentials must be completed and verified ( ECFMG-Med school contact). Thanks God I passed that hard steps!

Hope you guys a wonderful day! Thank you so much!
Yea it's too late it come out after sept 15
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »