Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residency application process - usmleearly2016
Hi friends,
I am taking my step 1 by july 2016. Then start my clinical rotations. I have not done step 2 ck and cs yet. Question is can i do residency application this september2016 for 2017 match or it will be too late? I will be good timewose to apply september 2017 for 2018 match?

Other question is when is the latest you should be done with all of your clinical rotations? Just before residency starts or before interviews start or before doing residency application?

When you get ecfmg certification? After finishing all clinical rotations or after passing step 1 and step 2 ck and cs?

I am really confused with the process and time line. I went through nrmp site but did not understand.

I am carib student. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.
54 looks and no one answered? Pl help.
Hello,
If you are starting your rotations possibly anytime after July 2016, you should be submitting your application in September 2017 for the 2018 match. Clinical rotations usually averages 75weeks so you can still apply for residency in your 4th year, obviously you will need to complete this before graduation depending on your school requirement.
You get ecfmg certification after passing Step 1&2 and graduated from medical school.
Hope this helps. Gluck!
Thanks a lot @chipotle. You made it very clear for me. Good luck to you with exams/match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »