Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ptal - mira05
Hey guys,

I have a doubt in applying for PTAL..I did nt do psychiatry rotation in my internship...But the application form says we should have done minimum of 4 weeks of psychiatry rotation..I tried to call PTAL office but they said they will answer the queries only after we apply...I would like to know if
1. they will accept if we have psychiatry experience after I graduated in my home country or
2. they will accept only if I have done during my internship
Don't really understand what you are saying. Have you ever done 4 weeks of psychiatry?

You need your medical school to sign that you did 4 weeks of psychiatry. If your medical school will sign off on the paperwork even if you did it after you graduated or during our internship that is up to you and your school.

If your school will not sign the paperwork and you apply for the PTAL without the 4 weeks of psychiatry, you will get a notice from the California medical board after you have sent in your application that you have a deficiency. After that, the CA medical board will tell you to either go back to your school and do 4 weeks of psychiatry through them or try to find something in the US.
Hello
vtown, hopefully you must have received your PTAL by now.
I am still updating my timeline activities as they are asking me to fill up the gaps.
waiting for the responses from my case worker.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »