Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed step 3 - coco_18
hey guys,

dont know what to say but any suggestions what should be done to retake and pass this exam.
I scored 233 on uwsa 3 weeks before exam everything was going good but ended up at 190.
I am not afraid to retake the test but dont understand what should I do to pass this time, I dont think I left anything (uw, mtb) which should have been done minimum to pass.

any suggestions?
Your outcome is so weird. How is your CCS? You scored 233 on UWSA, which is pretty high. There might be 2 problems: Weak CCS or Very bad biostat skills (since UWSA only has 2 or 3 biostat questions and not drug ad/abstract, which is completely different from the real thing). Take an NBME. It has biostat and a similar structure to the test, with FIP and ACM + lots of biostat questions. But really, try to identify your weaknesses. I can't really understand someone how some who scored 233 on UWSA fails the test. I did 220s on UWSA and got >230 on the test.
Thanks for replying. I dont understand it too, regardless of the score, I never thought I would fail. I did boderline on CCS and had weak FIP, its in the low region. I did not take nbme though. I was happy with uwsa score and went ahead to take the test.
When did you take your exam? For all those who have taken the exam last week of April and first week of May the uw is under predicting and just not correlating .. I scored 248 on uwsa and I got my score today and it is 219 on the real deal .. And I felt the exam to be extremely difficult .. And I felt the uwsa questions are no way comparable to the real exam !!
took it in february
coco_18

I am very sorry you got 190. This is indeed frustrating just to read your post.

Damn! I knew someone will be stuck on 190 very soon. A passing score last year is now failing score as it is raised to 196. NBME and USMLE need to burn in hell at some point.

if anything, the silver lining is you weren't stuck on 195 as few years ago, many step 3 takers were stuck on 74 percentile (187-188) just being short of 2-3 questions from clearing Step 3 with 190.

Believe in yourself friend. First get away from any step 3 material. Dont dive right into it. clear your head for few months. Dont even have a thought of taking it again immediately in July/Aug just to get passing results in before 2017 Sept residency cycle starts. You'll end up getting 187-190 again just because of extreme pressure.

Remember, when you are taking again. You are 6 points short from passing 196 score. Thats a lot. Dont rush.
@coco_18,
I understand your situation,
Even I failed in one mark, I gave exam in a rush in order to get it over. R u going to recheck your score?
I did well on CCS but its avg on score report which is very surprising.
It's unbelievable.. Really sad with so high score on uwsa
Did you use archer or mapping for ccs. People who do really well on ccs end up passing
Shud have taken nbme.. Gives idea... Ccs also makes the difference
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »