Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed. 250. - blanc_manger
I am an IMG from Minsk, Belarus, participating in the Match this season.
Used Step 3 Clinical Judgement
MKSAP for QA mostly
Basic & Clinical Biostatistics,Beth Dawson, Robert G. Trapp
Kaplan ln for 2 ck for obgyn and peds.
UW qbank and CCS cases
Medstudy QA book

Prep. time: 3 mo.
My advice to you: know your biostatistics really well and practice CCS long enough to be familiar with available diagnosic therapeutic options, know the order of things. If you have good score on step 2 ck you don't have to learn everything all over again. Just fill up your knowledge gaps doing MCQs. Biostatistics is definitely worth studying.

Wish you good luck.
Congratulations !!!!
Thank you for the info
CONGRATS!!

Were you able to diagnose and treat all the ccs cases?
Congrats!!!. Can you please add me on skype: usmlexamstep3?
Congratulations wow what a great moment for you!

I was wondering if you would give some examples of the CCS cases you encountered on the exam ?
DKA? Kawasaki disease?
Hello! Sorry for delay with the answer.
I was able to recognise each and every case in ccs part mainly because all of them were similar to what I had seen in UW CCS practice cases.

@blanc_manger

Thanks for getting back to me.

Any advice on how we should prepare for the drug ads? What was your strategy?
Hi blanc_manger,

Besides 51 UW CCS cases on simulation, did you read 41 CCS cases on UW website?

Thanks for sharing!

@drmaafo: My strategy for drug ads was relatively straightforward: I read the question with the given answers first and then quickly looked through the information in the ad looking for a paragraph or a table that likely would contain the answer. I NEVER read the whole ad before I moved on to a question: time is the real issue on day 1.

@cosmos123: I went through the cases on their website once. Every CCS case I got on day 2 was from that UW CCS simulation pool. I agree that it cannot very well be representative, moreover some people say that on the real exam they had cases in which they could hardly recognise the diagnoses I am not saying for everything else.
@blanc_manger: Thanks a lot!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »