Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed step 3 for the second time - denixav
Does anybody have any advice? i study for 4 months with UW, master the boards and Kaplan. My score on the UWSA was 224 three weeks before the exam, i end up getting a 190 on the test, my average on UW was 72 and Kaplan 67 (i stopped using kaplan consistently after starting UW).

Im very disappointed, I know its hard to get into residency with an attempt and now with 2 attempts on step 3 i just don't see it clear anymore.
How are you doing on CCS? How are you doing on MCQs? If you arent doing well on CCS maybe that explains the drop in score. A bad CCS performance can drop your score.
How was your NBME? I found the NBME to be a bit harder than the UWSA. And as the above user said CCS can make all the difference.
CCS was in the middle with about 30 % on The positive side And 30% on The negative side, it was much different From UWs CCS, much harder in The real exam, there were cases where i didnt knew The answer and that didnt happen on UW, i felt i was ready, The cases were very weird.

I only did The UWSA, no nbme.
Based on your UWSA, your knowledge seems to be fine (assuming you took the assessment test only once). Therefore, what dropped your score is your performance on the CCS. You have to get that CCS bar to the far right as possible with a lot of practice. Its easier to study and do well on the CCS than it is for the MCQs. How did you do on biostats? Make sure you know CCS and biostats well.

If you havent take a look at Archers 30 hour course, do UW several times (readout and simulated cases) and take a look at CCS Crush. You have to go all in this time around on CCS.
You need to make sure your CCS clears the borderline area so that no XX cross that area and is to the right of it completely
Havent done Archer But i will definitely try it, I will also do The CCS crush, as i mentioned The real exam was different than the UW CCS, The cases had no end and were very different.
Let me warn you the Archer CCS video is long and he repeats some cases over and over (like STEMI). You may get these cases in your exam, you may not. But he teaches you how to approach cases.

You may get cases that may not be in UW CCS but may be in Crush CCS or Fischers clinical correlations CCS book. You have to know how to treat and manage these conditions. Getting the diagnosis is easy but you may forget how to treat a particular condition (that is the problem) and the patient never gets better.
Thank you very much for your advice, I will put my heart into this to pass the exam, I'm a man that accomplish his goals and this exam is one them, I don't know if I'll ever get a spot in a residency but I will finish the race strong.
USMLE 1/2-CK/3 Instruction-FAQs
What (i.e., is This)?

• Instruction

When (i.e., Duration)?

• 38 days

Where (i.e., Accessible via the Cloud & Telephonic Sessions, from...)?

• Anywhere

Whom (i.e., is the Founder)?

• A brilliant Ivy League-educated-, and trained-, MD

Why (i.e., is This the BEST Instruction in the Country)?...Because...

• “IF YOU DO NOT PASS, YOU DO NOT PAY…”

How (i.e., do I Register)?

• Call us anytime, six four one, seven one five, thirty nine hundred, extension eight three three, seven six eight

What is a Sample “Instruction Schedule?”

• Register (Thirteen thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars, per USMLE step)

• Introduction to Your System for Interacting with Your Instructor, Using the Cloud

• Introduction to USMLE Strategies

• Applications of USMLE Strategies

• Introduction to a Ten-Day Crash Course Comprehensive Course Content Broad Intensive Review

• Introduction to a Seven-Day Crash Course Final Focus Course Content Selective Intensive Review

• Final Applications of the Ten-Day Crash Course Comprehensive Course Content Broad Intensive Review

• Final Applications of the Seven-Day Crash Course Final Focus Course Content Selective Intensive Review

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »