Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An 81-year-old white woman is evaluated in the hos - amal_1999
An 81-year-old white woman is evaluated in the hospital 2 days after undergoing a hip replacement operation. Her condition has been stable since the operation. Today, she says she has had pain in her right calf since last night. She says, "I didn't want to bother the nurse, so I waited for you, doctor." Vital signs now are temperature 37.0°C (98.6°F), pulse 110/min, respirations 22/min, and blood pressure 150/104 mm Hg. Physical examination discloses a red and hot right lower extremity; there is apparent swelling beneath the anti-embolic stocking. Scattered crackles are heard in both lungs. She has been receiving oral oxycodone with acetaminophen for pain, docusate sodium for constipation, lisinopril for mild hypertension, and enoxaparin for prevention of
thrombosis. Medical history is otherwise unremarkable. In addition to ordering laboratory studies, the most appropriate next step is to order which of the following?
A) Arteriography of the right leg B) Compression ultrasonography of the right leg C) Venography of the right leg D) Ventilation-perfusion lung scans E) No further studies are indicated
i am debating between
E- as it is clear that it might be post of formation of DVT/PE, and is already on therapeutic Enoxaparin
c- to rule out DVT, likely from post op immobilization
Great board style question. Wat is the answer, amalg199?
answer??
as already on lovenox no need for dvt study. Cellulitis is a clinical Dx no further testing
How about D?
In my opinion it is D. Fat emboli.
up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »