Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bless the Lord!! Passed on 6th Attempt - stressed123
Finally passed! Thank you Jesus! For those of you that only care about stats:

UW 70's-80's (subject, tutor, and have done them 4/6 attempts so a lot familiar)
Kaplan Qbank (70s, have done them once before a year ago)
NMBE 4 step 3: 250 (not the good kind, the raw score) 2 weeks before
UWSA 207 (took 1 year before and got 207) 1 week before

Real deal- 214

Now here is the history:

This was my previous post: (copy and paste)*********************

So this would be the fifth time taking this exam. I am currently in my last year residency in dermatology. My scores have been 188, 189, 186, 189, and most recent is 188. (Passing 190). I'm about to loose my $**t!!!!

What I have tried different times. MTB, UW, Kaplan, Conrad fisher videos, and this most recent time doctors in training. I really am at a loss, I have no idea what to do. As far as what is low, that depends on which time I took it. For example last time my GI was high, this time was low. Likewise for all the subjects, they vary.

BTW UWsa was 207.

I don't think it's a lack of knowledge. I really studied my a$$ off for this last one. I felt like I knew my stuff but then they ask weird a$$ questions. Really need help, any suggestions? I only have one more attempt at this!

Since that last post. I was kicked out of my program and not allowed to graduate with my class because I have not passed step three. Awesome. Very motivated now (sarcastic). Again, as I wrote before I don't believe it was a lack of knowledge problem. I knew the material and understand it really well. The way they ask the questions are very subjective an unfair. They are very dirty people!!! I attempted a tutor, then just figured out that the majority of them will tell you whatever you want to hear just as long as you pay them in the quiz you. It doesn't take long before I'm able to stumble them and ask them something where I know they are wrong. They are vipers that just want your money. Now don't get me wrong, if you have a lack of knowledge problem, that may be a tutor is what is best for you. Otherwise, most are thieves.

What I did different this time:

1. Found Jesus, not being funny. I have always been a "Christian" when my prayers are answered. Once they're not, I doubt God's existence and question everything. I cursed God. This experience finally humbled me and I spent Hours of research verifying my doubts and the experience has really brought me to become a stronger, more devout Christian.
2. As far as studying, this is what you need to do to pass the exam. The exam is dirty. There's no nice way of saying it. The design these questions for you to get them wrong. Now before everybody starts getting defensive, all this is my personal opinion. The exam no longer questions basic diagnosis basic treatment basic diagnostic test etc. etc. to pass this exam you need to do the following. What I did was, I went back to my step two CK notes, then I made my own notes. On my notes I numbered them one through five and for each disease I answered the five following five questions: 1. How does the disease present, 2. How do you diagnowe the disease, 3. When would you use those tests to diagnose, is it need, 4. What is the treatment and when do you treat, and most importantly, what required a lot of external research from journal articles or the Internet is number five. 5. How do you follow the patient and what is the Prognosis with treatment and without treatment. Now this is very very very very time-consuming, but in all honesty, it is needed to pass. Unless you are a rockstar the scores to 240s to 250s on your previous exams.

Btw, I thought I did the worst on this exam of all the previous times I've taken it. Let me know if you guys have any questions.
@stressed123

CONGRATS! Very inspiring! Thank you very much!
@stressed123

Congratulations; it's good you didn't give up!

What helped you the most with CCS?
Drstpup1- thank you

Drmaafo- my mistakes in the past have been thinking that they want the diagnosis as quick as possible and treat it as quick as possible. That was incorrect. CCS does not give a crap about what the diagnosis is treating it quick etc. etc. unless it's an ER case. You could score a very very high on CCS and not know what the patient even has or what you were treating. It's that software and it's about treating the software. And in my honest opinion I would recommend what everybody recommends, archer CCS. Focus more on treating symptoms rather than treating disease, play their game in the stepwise manner that they want you to do. Hope that helps.

So helpful. Thanks very much!
congratulations...I like your quote "Treat the software"! Doing Archer and yes, it treats the software very well and tricks it too to help fetch the score
Congratulations, your story is a really good inspiration. God bless you!!!
@stressed123

Congrats. Thanks for your inspiring experience!
congrats Bro
perseverance
Congrats!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »