Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
q - i ????? - hopkinsk
Shivering, piloerection, vasoconstriction and increased BMR can be elicited by stimulation of the:

A. Preoptic nucleus
B. Posterior lateral nucleus
C. Supraoptic nucleus
D. Anterior nucleus
E. None of the above
It should be *Posterior Nucleus* of Hypothalamus which helps regulate ''Body temperature''

But the given options doesn't have ''Posterior Nucleus'' instead it has ''Posterior lateral nucleus'' and hypothalamus doesnt have any such nucleus..

The answer in this situation should be ''E''

This might be helpful

http://www.diabetesobesity.org.uk/hypoth...uclei.html
where is this q from?
I remember this question from one of the early nbmes
is that right?like 2 0r 3
It's A
The core temperature of a human is regulated and stabilized primarily by the hypothalamus, a region of the brain linking the endocrine system to the nervous system,[8] and more specifically by the anterior hypothalamic nucleus and the adjacent preoptic area regions of the hypothalamus. As core temperature varies from the set point, endocrine production initiates control mechanisms to increase or decrease energy production/dissipation as needed to return the temperature toward the set point
Anterior Nucleus: Thermo regulation by dissipating heat (parasympathetic system)

Posterior Nucleus: Thermo-Regulation by conservation of heat (sympathetic system)

So i guess Posterio Nucleus ? but i see "posterior lateral nucleus" instead of poster nucleus.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »