Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed step 3 second attempt - oreiada
yes. that is step 3 passing trick
so if there is no link, it is a pass?
Hi Guys,
I appeared in my Step 3 exam last year and failed the first time. I applied for the match and cleared my USMLE Step 3 second time but I think it was too late so I could not match.

I have been trying to research about the consequences of Step 3 attempt in matching for residency, but there are not so many blogs on the internet. Most of the blogs are about the residents who failed Step 3 during residency.

My question is, do you know anyone who failed his Step 3 exam and matched? Step 3 exam is not a requirement for the programs, but still, they consider it as a failure if one has an attempt although I passed it the second time. What are my chances of getting a match with an attempt in Step 3?
I had an average score in previous USMLE exams and cleared them in the first attempt.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
I think they will look at your application as a whole so just be confident there is nothing to be ashamed of. some 3rd year residents fail step 3.
work on your recommendation letters.
Hi did you use Kaplan cases. Can I buy them please. I mean the Kaplan step 3 notes with all the cases. Thanks.
Thanks
congratulations
congratulations
after 3 attempts, it must feel great now
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »