Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying to 2 specialities in same hospital - md7
Is it okay to apply to FM and IM in the same hospital? i have about 34 programs that overlap. Any input would be appreciated. My dream is FM, so if i had to take out programs it'd come out of my IM list.

Credentials

2015 Grad
Step 1: 222
Step 2 CK: 241
Step 2 CS: Pass
All first attempt
Canadian - Need Visa
2 months of recent externship (1 month family, 1 month im)
anyone?
same question here!! Do you think the department will share the applicants ??
Some of the programs do share the list of applicants. I know of some hospital in New York in which programs share their list of applicants to see if they are applying to other specialties. However, in this case that you are applying to FM and IM it may not be a big deal, because they are related. Whether you want to be a hospitalist or a primary care physician, both specialties can take you there, this probably should be detailed in your personal statement. That is only my opinion based on what I know.
i think it wont be a problem if you apply for FM and IM from same hospital
I've applied to 3 specialties in the same hospital.
If you get an interview from a place where you applied for different specialties, just be honest during the interview if they ask you (very rare) whether you have applied to any other specialty. They might very well know the answer and could be testing your integrity or interested to hear your reason.
i was told to avoid applying to 2 specialities in same hospital.....did same.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »