Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your help! - drangel2014
So I come on this forum regularly, I wanted to ask you guys for your honest and genuine opinion..

So I applied this year with 226,232,cs(2nd) but did not get even a single interview I applied broadly to more then 200 programs (IM n psy)

I gave step 3 recently , emailed every program but the Ivs are filled..

I will be doing a rotation soon and got a research opportunity at a medical centre .. the research is in genetic mutations causing neurological disease and my rotation is in nephrology ..

My question is which specialty should I apply for again ... if I apply to neurology will they have an issue that my lor is from a nephrologist n my research is in kids neurology ??

What do you guys advise for me .. to make my application stronger .. is IM harder to get in now? any advice would be appreciated .
IM has been more friendlier than another... you got a great chance.
If you citzn you got a good chance esp at this time
HOw do you look for research jobs? I try on indeed but no luck. PLease let me know
I need visa ... that's the problem ...

Will nephro letter work for neurology ? Or they r strict about neurology lors ...
It's not a job it's volunteer ... email professors
Go to each neuro program website and see what they want..

I would apply to general IM, good luck
Thank you 2pac . Your always encouraging ! GL
Try to apply for IM you will be having chances, every specialty is competitive. Have lots of countinous hands-on clinical experinece in US and get strong LORs. Lors should be from the specialty you are going to apply in match, LORs will not be having much value if you use other specialty LORs in another specialty.
Ok thanks how about genetic research n applying to IM .. or should I find research in IM also?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »