Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old grad, US-IMG, multiple red flags- Matched! - the28shogun
Do not sweat it...Sad!)--RE-BOOT NOW!

I was in your boat several years back with several failures and no USCE and no hope!...here I am now in 4th yr (chief rez) IM...

just email me direct ( ; put "residency advice needed" into the subject header)

for more tips including step 3 for upgrade (i've got some good tutoring sources to get you there) and --basically that you have to fit into the system as it stands now--e.g., get USCE, and make contacts and fill out beautiful ERAS Cvs and personal statements..GL for the next match--YOU CAN DO IT-i..e, I DID!
@ the28shogun,

Thanks a lot for sharing all the information about your experiences. It means a lot to all of those who have been trying hard all these years. As of now, I am counting on the clinical experiences I have had since I graduated in 2004 and got ECFMG certified with step 1 -82( 1attempt), step 2 -92, cs passed, step 3 -76 (1 attempt).

I was also able to get a retake sponsorship letter for retaking the USMLE step1,2,CS. Do you have any idea if this would be helpful to get interviews, if I do really well on the retakes?

Looking at the years of graduation, I feel less hopeful of matching. Do you have any suggestions?

super-simplified
usmle
online-/telephonic-instruction
fully warrantied
phone/sms anytime: five one six, three four two, seven three zero, three
email Thank you USMLE Forum!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »