Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with question - neurogirl91
A 41 y/o woman presents with nontender lump on right side of the neck that she discovered 1 month ago. No PMHx or smoking. Vitals are normal. Examination shows a 2-cm mass in the right pretracheal area; the mass moves when the patient swallows. No LAD. Which of the following studies would establish a diagnosis?

A) Thyroid fuynction tests
B) CT scan of neck
C) 131I scintigraphy
D) Direct laryngoscopy
E) FNA
it's E. NBME 8 question. I took it today and got it wrong.
@neurogirl what was your score in NBME 8?
I got it wrong as well so I wanted to know if anyone had any input as to what the diagnosis is?

I got 241 with 28 mistakes
My score is the way to low than yours. I'm worried about the real exam. what resources did you use?
I used UW, Usmle RX, Kaplan for peds, Step up to medicine, MTB for OB. Keep working at it and do as many questions as you can, thats the best practice!
NBME 8 more doable and favorable with score compare to NBME 7?
I dont understand what your question means
Did NBME 8 give a higher predicted 3 digit score than NBME 7?

NBMEs for CK seem to underpredict one's actual score on the CK exam hence many forum members have stated that UWSA 1 and 2 are more predictive and spot on.

I hope this makes sense.
Thank You.
NBME 8 is closer to the actual exam than nbme 7 if thats what your asking, i dont know how you can judge what gives you a higher predicted score because your level of preparation is different.

Regardless, UWSAs are better and more predictive
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »