Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qbank question 4 - selena
A 40-year-old female patient presents with soft nodules on the volar aspect of her fourth and fifth fingertips. The nodules are painful on flexion and interfere with her day to day work. She recounts being bitten by a stray dog, about one year back, on these same fingertips. At that time, she was treated with painkillers, anti-rabies injection and antibiotics. The wound had healed well and there were no complaints until recently. On examination, there is a soft fleshy mass about 1.0 cm in diameter on the volar aspect of both the fourth and fifth fingertips. The mass was surgically excised and was histologically found to be a neuroma of a peripheral sensory receptor.
Which of these receptors is most likely involved?

A. Merkel cells
B. Muscle spindles
C. Meissner corpuscles
D. Free nerve endings
E. Pacinian corpuscles
1000 views and no answer ? Strange Sad
Name me hyperplasia &/or hypertrophy of the post traumatic & Painful lesion/ or pressure Rs of digit called? You ans my Q you got your ans.
Dddd
About cardio q is it morel Laverne lesion
d
selena
pls give the answer
I think d
@zoh Hi!
MLL is a traumatic degloving injury (skin & subcutaneous FAT) sheared away from underlying fasia😊
Which sensory nerve-end organs you know of that located in the deep dermis & subcutaneous tissue of the palms or soles that sense vibration & “ pressure Rs” in my q I asked above?
Zoh? times UPSmile

I THINK D would be WRONG ans here. WHY?

It represents PAINFUL hyperplasia of Pacinian bodies on finger ( esp painted in trauma-> PAIN) if you look at histo you will mature Pacinian corpuscles are ↑ in size/Or #s or BOTH… “soft nodules on volar aspect on her 4th & 5th digits…

All tell me that -> Pacinian corpuscles (“Pacinian neuroma”)

E should be the correct ans😊

Would anyone like to challenge me? bring it on😉

@selena you got the ans?
The other last clue on the stem of Q, the treatment of choice that preached "surgical excision"...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »