Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed step 3: My experience. - ipl2
Hello friends.
gave step 3 after 10 years, and passed on 2 attempts.

1. UW Qbank.
2. UW ccs.
3. Archer CCS and videos.
4. ccscases on FRED software.

5. stat medquest videos.

It has been a very long journey for me----both time and distance.

Ganpati Bappa Morya.
Hey, thanks for posting the experience. What advice would you give to others? What did you learn from the journey

I was in your boat several years back with several failures and no USCE and no hope!...here I am now in 4th yr (chief rez) IM...

just email me direct ( ; put "residency advice needed" into the subject header)

for more tips including step 3 for upgrade (i've got some good tutoring sources to get you there) and --basically that you have to fit into the system as it stands now--e.g., get USCE, and make contacts and fill out beautiful ERAS Cvs and personal statements..GL for the next match--YOU CAN DO IT-i..e, I DID!
sure. @decarbazine.

my advice for USMLE step 3.

Was is as easy as it looks...... No sir...... it wasn't (pursuit of happiness).

CCS:
I practiced CCS a lot on FRED. i did atleast 1 hour or 8 CCS cases daily for last 1-2 months. for cases ccscases pdf is good, i also did the 100 star cases. i work 8-5 pm in a hospital. I use to get up at 4 am daily , practise 1-2 hours of ccs and then go to work. In the evening after work, i went to library from 5 - 8.30 pm (15 mins of power nap included) use to some ccs cases and UW 1 - 2 blocks for 1 -2 months.

MCQs:
i gave step 3 after 10 years. so had a lot of catch up to do !!! i did UW Q Bank, archer lectures and ccs videos, medquest step3 stats videos. i also went through first aid step 1, 2 ck. made my notes, for last day revision. on exam day, 1 min before the start of exam, i wrote all the imp formulae on the sheet (that was a helpful trick).

My story: In these 10 years, i have travelled all over the globe for residency, fellowship, exams and job. I have friends and colleagues all across the globe in all time zones. But, i guess something are meant to happen and i was back to US !!!

Some motivational things.
if u fell u have problems, u are not only the one and i will not even get started what i have gone through. u name it, i have been through it.....
When u fell door has closed, trust me other door is about to open, not easy though !!!
it not how hard u get hit, but how fast u get up after it (rocky).
If u have a dream protect it. dont ever give up on it. period.

Ganpati Bappa Morya !!!
• Super-Simplified

• Outcomes’-Driven

• Guaranteed Success

• Phone: ext 1250
can you please share your email or phone I am in same IMG
congrats, can I get your email. thank you
83K views (!): TOP SEARCH RESULT:

IMG passed USMLE and got IM Residency
congrats
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »