Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cardio69...please help - usmleearly2016
i am done with basic science and starting my preparation for step 1 and want to take step 1 by end of January 2019 then start rotations. if I am done with step 2 ck and cs by July/August 2019 in time for September 2019 applications for 2020 residency, can I finish all rotations in time to start residency in 2020 or I will be late to start 2020 residency?

I am an older student and not regular one age wise.

please reply and advice.
Hi! You should be done long time back with your rotation...
Can you clarify the timing for me 1st http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=784642 ?
thanks for the reply. I was done with basic science dec 2015. then had to take care of other family business out of country. I am back this june and starting preparation. I did not study july, aug and sep till now honestly.
NPSmile big mistake the gap you crack on your path, but forget it now. All I can tell you do really well on your step 1 & CK ( i recommend to complete all steps/even 3)

“If…” is only questions for the game of life😊
Just focus on steps & study hard for your step 1 & get a good score.

You should be done around Sept 19 if you really want to get into it.
Here my advice for 18-19 yr http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=849342 2020 should be around the same frame.

Best of luck!
thanks a lot @cardio69. as you mentioned, If I am done with step 1, step 2 ck and cs by sep 19 and get into it but what if I cannot complete all my rotations? I have to start rotations after step 1 results. so if I done with step 1 by jan 19 end then wait for results and start rotations by march end/apr beginning of 2019......you think I can be done with rotations for 2019 application to start residency in 2020 ?

hope I did not confuse you and you understand my question.
I don't think so, If you start NOW (today) that's a possibility (My knowledge about your school it's 0 to none) you may want to call your school & see when your graduation date registers on your MD diploma.
In order for you to start residency, you MUST complete all your rotation ( all those elective you may have to do at the end)
Look at the frame and see if you can be done by then...
Keep in mind the most important part, you do well with your scores.

thanks a lot cardio69...will follow as u suggested.
YW.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »