Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sincere Advice For Everyone -----Please Read it - alwaysbpositive
Hello!
Here is my sincere advice for you all!
First I would like to give my example. Being an old graduate, I was also unable to get into any residency Program after struggling for many years. I always had a passion to practice medicine in USA not because of money only but to satisfy my dream to be a practicing Doctor. For this I studied from 6-11 PM every day and full day on Saturday and Sunday after doing my full time job and supporting my family. I was doing my job in a good position in public health but continued all my struggle for USMLE on the side track. Lot of expenses and taking my family time to focus on my studies did all go in vain giving frustrations and off and on depressions. Later I gave up this journey and thought that it is of no worth to run after a shadow and waste my precious time and energy anymore.
I would advise everyone to do work hard and apply for a certain period according to their family circumstances. If it does not work out please go to any other field and start your journey. I see people being depressed and more frustrated and also putting their family at a false hope. Please take my words positively and don't waste any more time against this Golden Track. You are wasting precious time of your life and also messing up your family and also wasting thousands of dollars. Are we following those 1-2 lucky people out of thousands applicants who got their residency by chance or by their contacts?
Please concentrate on other fields like Research, and also look for jobs in health departments and Pharma industries.
Some friends will be thinking why I am asking them to change their field? My dear friends, it is good to do the hard work and struggle but it is not wise to continue your journey so long in the hope to find Gold Mountains.
At this time I am having a good job and able to support my family in a nice way and don’t regret for not getting into residency but satisfied for what I am blessed to have.
Life is short and we all need to make quick decisions on the basis of our years of graduation, credentials and also assess our own family circumstances.
Hope it helps!
Thanks
Morning. Thanks for the advice. Do you have a link for the job opportunity you talk about? thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »