Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USMLE scores re-evaluation after 10 years - par469
Is our USMLE scores valid only for 10 years?
- Medical Board of California told me that.
- I was told by then to get my USMLE scores re-evauluated

Does this apply to other states in USA?
Does it mean, I need to apply for a new ECFMG Certification ???

What if my scores fall below the 75th %tile after the re-evaluation?
Hi par469, have you tried calling ECFMG and asking them? They probably have the best advice on whether you need to get another ECFMG certificate.
Yes, contacting them now. sent an email. will chat or phone them on Monday.
I am wondering if I am the only person with such a situation?
If you have completed Step 1 and Step 2 exam and be ECFMG certified there is no need to take USMLE steps again.
Once you are ECFMG certified, it is for lifetime there is no need to take the exams again.

Once ECFNG certified scores are valid for forever, except that some states require completion of step 3 within 10 years of step 1. Did you hear anything different ? What does it mean to have the score reevaluated ?
Once you are ECFMG certified, it will be for life-time there is no need to take the steps again.

Also, some states require you need to complete all the steps including Step 3 exam within the specified time frame provided, look at the requirements and apply to them.
Thank you all (Kavya Sandra and Santosh) - yes ECFMG confirmed that these scores are valid for ever.
- But they also told me that if the State Medical Boards want me to retake any USMLE tests "they have to sponsor" - I don't know what it means. And, I have to call each State Medical Board to know their policy.

I am now focused only on my ERAS application, not calling any State Boards at this point.

Still struggling to get all my LoRs - how to submit my LoR quick guidance (link) please.
This link will be helpful for uploading the LOR to ERAS account https://com.msu.edu/Students/Academic_Ca...rGuide.pdf
If you want to upload a waived LOR the Letter writer needs to have an account in AAMC for uploading the LOR through LORP portal.

If you are uploading unwaived LOR then you need to have an AAMC account for uploading the unwiaved LOR to the ERAS account.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »