Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old graduate, any chances? - lalyla
It will be tough as you are an old graduate, but you will be having chances.

You need to work hard on your application for improving your CV by gaining multiple hands-on clinical experience in US which can show that you are clinically active and can make your CV strong. Also, can provide strong LORs which are required for IMGs.
The advice we see here from several people is so WISE and VERY EMPATHIC and REALISTIC
Thanks to All
My advice is to go for either Nursing to become a Nurse Practitioner or consider the PA/DO School. That's exactly what I am doing. I am also an old grad of 10 yrs. You still can apply every year with furthering your education. Some Pre Foreign grad (done with Usmle) Nurse Practitioner and PA also got accepted into the residency program.
@faith3232
Do you know what is the chance for PA to match into residency ? Do they have to work in a hospital that offers residency to get in touch with the program?
I know a 45 yrs old girl who after becoming a Nurse Practitioner got accepted into the same Hospital in FM where she was working as NP. It was certainly due to contacts and her hard work as NP.
In my case, I did not look into any chances of becoming MD. I looked into my chances of getting a better job with benefits and good annual income. The chances of getting a job is much higher with becoming a PA/NP. Having said that, If I could have an opportunity to become MD, I would certainly go for it.
BTW, PA/NP have impressive salary and life style.
NP does have good salary.
At my hospital, NP makes 100-125 K per year. While the starting salary for attending physicians is 150-160K.

But indeed if you are a medical graduate then it is better to work on your dream and get into residency program.
I hope our dreams come true.
If dreams were not important, I would not be applying for residency every year while working on plan B.
I think that you have a chance of success. The main thing is to believe in yourself. And have a great helper. When I was writing my dissertation, I turned to https://www.paraphrasingonline.com/ for help. The service can fix the grammar and make any dissertation unique.
s-s
super-simplified group (s-s)
email to confirm the phone appointment:Thank you USMLE Forum!
phone 24-7 to leave voice mail for phone appointment: five one six three four two, seven three zero three (see below for 'phone appointment,' especially for international parties contacting our United States' office)
phone appointments are all on office hour thursdays: 9:15 AM to 11:15 AM (i.e., Eastern Standard Time zone, or GMT-5)

presentation:
we offer s-s online-/telephonic-/dropbox (cloud)- based programs (see appendix for listings in academies, business solutions for finance and operations manager, consultancies for diseases, and operations manager, recruiting for healthcare personnel, transactional operations'-manager for operations management) that are fully guaranteed, through escrow...

appendix

academies
-act
-bar (mbe)
-cfa
-gre
-nclex (rn)
-sat
-usmle (all)
business solutions
-ach advance
-merchant cash advance
-operations manager
-sundry advance types in specialized healthcare areas
consultancies
-back pain
-breast cancer
-coronavirus
-diabetes mellitus
-heart surgery
-knee surgery
-lung cancer
-lymphoma
-operations manager
-prostate cancer
-vaccines
recruiting
-allied healthcare that includes clinical temporary positions for international medical graduates in pre-residency phases
-epidemiology
-physician placement
transactional operations'-manager
-basic "workup"-based s-s, high efficiency optimizer- solutions for your daily workday
-top silicon valley (fortune 20) ex-coo's methods for super-success
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »