Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old IMG, any advice appreciated - worthtotry
Hi, old graduate ECFMG certified 2012 ,not very high scores on USMLES, CK third attempt 210, the other ones first attempt including step 3, tried 2 years in a row did not match. Gave up...got my Registered Nurse license working as a Nurse Manager in psych clinic....thinking to try again or get my NP ? Any advice appreciated and thank you.
I think it is worth to give it a try and apply for Psychiatry since you are working in this field currently.
Good that your attempts only limited in CK. You can say that you have compensated for that by passing step 3 from first try.
Thank you braveheart, it's really encouraging.
YOUR "super-simplified INDIVIDUALIZED SUCCESS STORY..."
Classification of our Portfolio
-Online, Cloud-based Educational programs in: A USMLE

Modus Operandi of Achieving Precisely Pre-stated Objectives to Meet Your Well-Defined Goals
-Create the system for your "Individualized Success Story," via:
- -Beta testing of a Draft Implementation of the system, that itself is comprised of:
- - -Phases' Overview
- - -Sourcing (including Strategizing, and Action Planning)
- - -Review
- - -Assessment
- - -Rectification
- -Periodic Global Outcomes'-Assessment, that itself is comprised very simply of querying whether the:
- - - Pre-stated Objectives are being met, in terms of previously stated temporally-defined benchmark targets, and, whether the
- - -Correlated overall accomplishment percentage, of the well-defined Goal, is being met (and if not, what Strategic Modifications must be "Priority Action Planned...")
-Registration
- -Contact (with a detailed personal Case Description, as well as contact Modus Operandi) - - -super-simplified at gmx.com
Hi @worthtotry,
Is psychiatry the specialty you want to go into or is there another area of interest you had?
Hi futuremd313 not necessarily, as an old grad I am looking at programs that old grads have more chances, however I'm working as RN in psychiatry and hope it counts as psych experience and will help. If I go for NP I will do family NP. I'm not sure if it's worth spending money and time to get into residency as I have 0 connections,however I can get good LOR from psychiatrists and family doctors and thinking to apply for both 😊
@worthtotry
can we connect via email doc_hum
Braveheart_2020 is there a way I can email you to ask a few questions? I really need your advice re paying for someone to mentor help with cv, personal statement,interviews and others? Thank you.
Check out Asklepaedia.com for assistance with Personal Statement and Interview preparation (for Family Medicine and Internal Medicine residencies, not Psychiatry).

https://asklepaedia.com/personal-stateme...Statements

https://asklepaedia.com/personal-stateme...wQuestions
Go for NP.as your plan B. Also keep trying for residency. Best of luck!
I am also studying to become a Nurse practitioner and still applying for residency.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »