Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 1 249 and step2 270 ,no USCE - ask77777
Hey friends
I got my CK score 2 days back ,it is 270
I couldnt go to US due to covid so I have no USCE,planning to include home country LOR
What are my chances of match?
Hello @ask77777
What specialty were you looking to go into? While your USMLE scores are good, some specialties value USCE more than others.
Best,
futuremd313
In cases like yours with outstanding high scores case, as far as I know, you could still get interviews based on your excellent scores. Leave things to destiny and start sending applications with your home LORs.
@futuremd313: Thanks for ur reply. I m applying for IM only. Any suggestions?I have home country waived LORs.
@futuremd313: Thanks for ur reply. I m applying for IM only. Any suggestions?I have home country waived LORs.
You definitely have great chance.. IM community hospitals may offer you pre-match with those scores or rank you high if they are going into the match. Bronx Lebanon in NYC is one of those that always offer pre-match, but the program quality is trash to be honest. But at the end you only need residency and then go from there.
Academic programs unfortunately requires LOR from US, and they value USCE more at times, but who knows they may offer you interviews too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »