Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Old grads receive interview without having any - 99faith
Do old grads receive interview without having any contacts?
I guess you mean contacts beyond your LORs. In case, yes they do but the LORs probably should be Americans and prestigious.

Yes. I agree with dariasmo because I have seen it.

Letters written by hospital officials like Chief Medical Officers, departmental chiefs and other faculties are well regarded and can get you interview invites without you having any contacts/advocates in the program you applied to.
Thanks for reply.
To my understanding IVs are sent out without using contacts to old grads based on their strong applications.
Old grads are as equal humans as young grads. They are as energetic as young grads. They are as smart as young grads. In fact, their wide experience make them stand out among the crowd.
These days, the word old grad is used as stereotype. Thinking that they cannot learn to use innovative techniques because of their already learned way of practicing medicine is totally wrong.
Yes, I agree with you.
It is good to know that some programs are more lenient with their year of graduation limit.
Thanks for reply.
Correction: To my understanding IVs are sent to old grads having no contacts based on their strong applications.
Yes, strong applications and strong letters help a lot.
hi 99faith,
what do you mean by strong application? good scores? because i heard international experience has no much worth..
agree with the rest... it seems that you 99faith have reluctance to accept that the LORs from American doctors (MDs and PhDs) will have indeed such degree of power over your application.

As maanas said: how do you define strong application?

"IVs are sent to old grads having no contacts based on their strong applications". I am sorry but you need to have American and recognized references to make your application really strong.

That's completely understood by me. To apply for residency without the US LORS is a waste of time. Actually, OLd grads like me have several strong US LORS. In fact, I kina grew up among getting these LORS (Lmao).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »