Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too late to apply in February? - summer2020
I still have few rotations left that will start in Feburary-March-April and then I can graduate, but I think I should still apply in Februrary even if it is at few places.

Please, can anyone guide me.
It is already TOO late to apply. Remember this season is abnormal, very quick, and probably the Residency comitties have started to meet already and have discussed the interviewed candidates.
Sad .... I got delayed cuz my papers were uploaded late. I think I should still take my chance and apply to few programs not all of them. I can apply late January... or else my entire year will be wasted sitting at home till 2022. .

Thank you for responding
If you are a strong candidate who can beat the other candidate on the seat already, I don’t think it is too late. Of course it is optimal that you apply earlier.

Good luck!
DO NOT APPLY NOW
You will be wasting your money - all programs are super-filled.
If you want to try your luck in Scramble -just apply to the minimal 1-10 programs
Good Luck
If you are an international graduate, and don't have your medical diploma yet handy then don't apply, will be waste for your money. It will takes time once you get your certificate to be verified by ECFMG.
As the previous comment said, if you still wants to take the risk, and wants to participate in SOAP "unfilled programs", then you need to apply for 1-10 programs on ERAS. SOAP is very hard competitive process where more than 20000 applicants will be competing to 1-2 seats here and there. I would say work on your application and apply for the next match cycle.
I herd that In SOAP(post match Scramble) the will be only invited who had interview in the program. I am not sure 100%. Is it like that ? Or even who did not appear in the interview for the program can apply & have a chance of getting into it.

Waiting to hear your opinion.

Thank's
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »