Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neurology Residency - ayesha22
Hello,

I’m an old graduate 2008. Passed all steps by 2013 in first attempt. At the time scores were alright 216, 224, CS. Still have to write step 3. Following graduation, I moved to Canada. I did couple of observerships. Since 2014, I have been working as a clinical assistant at a neurology clinic in Canada. I’ve also been involved in research and this year I would be graduating from PHD Neuroscience program from Canada. I will have 3 publications and couple of abstracts for conferences. I have great letter of recommendations from Neurologists in Canada. Do you think I stand a chance? I’ve lost all hope. P.S. I have only applied for residency once I. 2013 and then never again.
17000 views and 0 replies. Come on!!! Help me out peeps. Thanks!
Hi,

I am sorry nobody answered anything ever.

I guess the difficulty perhaps relies on what expectations you have as an answer given the message.

To determine that whether you have a chance on Neurology is so broad and in this forum, as you can see, all of the people seem to gather having in common being hopeless, in someway, about this process.

Definitely you have a chance when seen every feature of yours..

You have a chance with specific things: having a north American degree, neurology specific observerships, no more than one attempt between tests taken, average scores, publications, I bet recognized Canadian neurologists as LORs...

Points against: you year post-graduation, .lack of hands-on clinical experience, I assume you are not American Citizen, no neurology Faculty in targeted programs....

I am sure you are already aware of all of this....

then you already have an answer to your own question...

(05-29-2021, 06:13 PM)ArchivalUser Wrote: Hello,

I’m an old graduate 2008. Passed all steps by 2013 in first attempt. At the time scores were alright 216, 224, CS. Still have to write step 3. Following graduation, I moved to Canada. I did couple of observerships. Since 2014, I have been working as a clinical assistant at a neurology clinic in Canada. I’ve also been involved in research and this year I would be graduating from PHD Neuroscience program from Canada. I will have 3 publications and couple of abstracts for conferences. I have great letter of recommendations from Neurologists in Canada. Do you think I stand a chance? I’ve lost all hope. P.S. I have only applied for residency once I. 2013 and then never again.

Hello,
You sound like a perfect applicant. All people I know who applied last year, matched.
Also I know a guy who did PhD in Neuroscience was matched in Neurosurgery (long ago) and a PhD neurology matched in neurology in Miami (2017).
You should definitely apply.
Your writings and news are really interesting to me. There are numerous advantages to the contents. Thank you so much.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »