Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy to provide help - helpermd
Hello,

I am currently a practising physician who completed my residency many years ago. My scores were decent (but not great) but I strategically took all the matching process steps from selecting and applying programs, preparing and taking interviews. I applied in 120 programs, received 12 interviews and matched on my first attempt in Internal Medicine. I am an IMG and now successfully practicing Internal Medicine in North America.

I used my experience and through the years have helped three people (all friends) into getting residencies. All had low to decent scores (1 had an attempt in CK and another had an attempt in CS). 2 of them matched in psychiatry and 1 in FM in US.

I am here to provide my support and guidance. I can also help with the academic part but I strongly believe that the whole matching process is an art in itself and every step has to be taken very strategically to match.

Of course - the disclaimer remains that I cannot guarantee 'matching' but definitely can help with tools that can help you be successful.

If you are interested, please email me at mdhelper281 and we can chat further. After I chat with you, then I can assess whether I can help you or not.

Thank you.

A few more things I would like to add about myself:

I am an academic, hold an Assistant Professor of Medicine faculty position and also hold an academic leadership position.
I have had many residents and students work under me, I have written many LoRs. At the same time, I will be honest that I cannot provide you observershp/extrenship (so if you are looking for that specifically, please do not contact me).
Also, being honest, I can only help you if you are applying in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Psychiatry (I do not have a lot of experience in surgical specialities, radiology or pathology). Full disclosure as I do not want to waste anyone's time.

Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »