Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interviews -
MD Khanna

How is the interview outlook for you? What residency have you applied for? How many rejections have you received?
Observer

I got no interviews this year and last year.

There is a hospital in Chicago that wants to charge me 800.00 per month so that I can work under supervision and to learn as observer. Yes, I have to pay to learn as observer. Is it worth it to improve chances of getting residency? I am ECFMG certified with GC. Will it be considered as US experience. They will Give LORs. I do not have any US LOR sofar and no US experience.
Thanks
kevin

I got none.

Do you know where to contact if I want to do clinical or basic research in Chicago area. Which organizations have research opportunities?

Chand

Hi
When I started applying for residency I was so full of hopes and dreams. But now as the true picture unfolds it seems like it is a tough world out there and there are so many who want your dream too!!
I applied to 31 programs in IM this September and have 8 interviews so far and ten rejections from the institutions where I would have loved to work. I have a green card and very good scores. But I thought I would get a better deal. But I am thaknful for the ones I have since i have yet to start my residency and have not got one yet. So, It is better to be thankful for what you have.
Things will work out for you too. Keep the faith and take care.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »