Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match -
suzuki - yokos@earthlink.net

Which is better ERAS Or NRMP?
I am going to do Match this year? but I don't know which system I should use. I know some hosp pick applicants from
NRMP. Does it mean I should resister both?
Or as long as the programs I choose use ERAS, I don't need
to resister NRMP??
nd

hi , you have to apply to botheras and nrmp.Both are different . go to usmle.net and see postings.hope it helps
nd

to suzuki,
try this web site book-house.com . you will get a good idea . i think there is another one but this will help you.
nd

http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/index.html
svb - sbendre@nctr.fda.gov

ERAS and NRMP both serve different functions and I guess you have register with ERAS and NRMP to apply to >90% programs. You need to read more at the ECFMG web site.
suzuki

Thank you for answering my questions. After a week I spent
my time to find out what to do, finally I got it.
I am doing My documents right now on ERAS.
but what a huge mess we have to get through as a foreigner.

anyway, thanks again.
you are right ..it is a huge mess for us as foreigners,.
please be kind and write down the details of each step so that others can benefit.

many thanks
Hope this helpful:
At the beginning you should participate in Both ERAS and NRMP.
ERAS is the site through which you can send your applications to programs in different specialities( I assume that you are not applying to Neurology b/c it has a different pathway).
First, you go to your ECFMG OASIS and click on ERAS Token Request and pay 75$ then you will get your ERAS TOKEN.
Then you go to www.aamc.org/eras and fill the form online and register with ERAS. Then you will get your AAMC ID. Now you start working on the following parts:
- CAFSadFound Under Application) Which is around 15 pages that are filled on line. You have to complete that but be awrae once you submitted that CAF, It cant be changed so dont rush..
- Personal statement: (Found under documents then Personal statement) which is prefered to be 1 page. This also can be typed online under personal statemnet icon. Dont type it on word then "cut and copy" it on ERAS. Type it on ERAS directly or using the NOTE PAD form.
- LORSadFound under documents then LOR), You have to designate each LOR writer. You can submit as much LOR as you want but you cant assign more than 4 to each program..
(Now you have to send the following documents to ERAS:
- Deans Letter
- Medical school Transcript
- Photo
- LORs
- ERAS Submission form which you can print it from ERAS website.
It will take around 10-14 days for these documents to be scanned and you can check them unde ADTS(or tack application) howvwer LOR cant be checked if they are downloaded or not unless been assigned to programs.
- USMLE transcriptSadFound under documents), you have to release USMLE transcript and choose the automatic choice unde which any new score is released will be sent directly to the programs.
- Programs: you choose the programs that you want to apply and pay the fee which will include the 50 $ USMLE transcript fee.

Once you did that you can check all your programs you applied to and whether they downloaded your your documents through ADTS.

After that you can participtate in the NRMP. and you have to pay 60$ for that. Through this site you can submit your Rank order list and check whether you matched or not on the match day....

Fo rfurther information....check www.ecfmg.org/eras..
Good luck through the match process..!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »