Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help desperately !!!!!!!!!!!!! -
renu01

can any one provide input???????
i am a US citizen - fmg. my scores are in the 70s, I have done externship in im (a few months) and since November I have been working as a clinical research physician .....luckily, in one of the top six university's medical center. I am doing clinical research in two departments. I will be named as co-investigator in two papers. In all of my projects I have hands-on patient care and interaction. I have received very good LoRs from four docs , with whom I work..
What do you think are my chances and where should I apply????? ( other than my scores that suck my 'cv looks pretty good). I have become really very DEPRESSED, everything looks dark, especially when there are so many individuals who have great scores.
DOC

No problem if you are a us citizen, and have good LOR'S,
YOU HAVE GOT GOOD CHANCES .
renu01

Thanks "DOC".
While I know that I have great LoRs and have clinical experience thru working in this hospital, I am afraid because of my scores?
Anyway thanks for your words of encouragement.
DOC

Try not to be depressed , as it is of no help. i have heard lot of FMG's with low scores get into good programs with j1 visa, most of the programs consider green card holders and citizens are more preferred, so start researching for program requirements and you can make a list of the ones you want to apply, and apply early as you will get interviews soon.
as you are doing research in a university it is definitely aplus point, you might try IM, FP , psych and Peds, Honestly i have no idea for the surgical specialities.
Good luck to you .
renu01

Thanks a lot for your kind words of encouragement. I really appreciate it.
samid

i think you have good chance especially as you are a us citizen, otherwise it would hav been difficult. But I wouold suggest do your research well before applying to schools...
renu01

thanks for the input.
We just recently sent our abstract for publication. I have been listed as the first author in it, we all are at Stanford Univ.
Besides this project I have two other projects, one in anesthesiology, which should start any day now, and the other one I have been asked to participate is in GI.
So, I am trying really hard to make up for the low scores, by doing as much as possible, research where I have direct pt. contact or do procedures.

Both you and "DOC" are a real encouragement.
Lets keep in touch.
ranbir

Renu any luck so far ? I sent my applications to eras in august, so pds should have them now, but so far no responses. I'm in the same situation like you, passing scores, but have great LoRs from university docs also have an abstract published here in States. I too am at the end of the rope. A few pills of esmolol really look inviting.
rajeev

renu like you I'm also at the end of my rope. have you recieved any interviews dates so far ? I sent in my app sometime back but still have not heard from any programs.
ARE our CHANCES REALLY THIS BLEAK ????
rajeev

any luck so far on interviews ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »