Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interviews -
bharti

does any one know what is a comfortable number of interviews to have, to be relatively ok for being matched /
I have only 7.
John - johnst_89

Don't try to show off,you are ok with 1 interview
souna

I asked same question. one answer was " I know someone who got 37 interviews but didn't match last year"
bharti

john, I'm not trying to show off, just that I'm very worried, I had applied last year too, but with no luck. Souna, r u sure that individual is not bluffing, 37 interviews never heard of any one getting so many calls and not getting matched, unless of course he/she doesn't know how to speak english
john

Dear Bharti,
didn't mean to hurt you,it's just that you've got to be in the right place and in right time,you don't need to have even 1 interview offer to start your residency,you know what I mean,it's the post match scramble you need to play your cards in,Iam not sure why somebody didn't make it with 37 interviews,ultimatetly it's the personality which matters,contact me on my email sbabun,I'll give you the hints.Tell me about your status,you can benefit with my experience.
sudha - ss_tharan

Hi John

I have about 3/4 interviews on board. I am a bit unsure about what they are expecting out of us, I mean the personality etc.
Could you also share your hints with me..
Thanks
mini - minhalhussain

Hello,I got scores in step 1 and step 2 is 78 and 80 so much chance to get interview calls and for residency
thanks
mini
Sathish - sbabun

Hi friends,
Please state your country of residence before you putforth your question,it depends from where you are applying and how accessible you are,for instance you are better off in the US than in UK or in India or any other country.

If you are in US your main duty is to meet the program director, no matter how difficult it is,it's the secretaries who normally block you from meeting,if you are a female you have to work harder than the guys to get past these wonderful people.If you are a guy go with some flowers and a bottle of wine once familiarised with her,beleive me it's them you need to convince and the program director,a lot of trust is placed on them,I hope no one has tried this.
There are many things like this and I cannot generalise,please ask me specific questions with a clear presentation of your status and I shall be able to guide you,if you feel awkward in a forum like this,you can email me at sbabun
Take care and good luck

Dr.Sathish
MBBS,MS,FRCS(Edin),FRCS(Irel),DNB(CTh),(M.Sc)research,Southampton
Dept. of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Southampton
UK
Deguy

Hi,

Does someone know if there is an option to receive more interviews call in December.

Can I sent more request for interviews now if the program deadline hasn´t close?

Good luck

Deguy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »