Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IM Residency Matching -
Davide

Hi:
I'm a sixth (final) year medical student, and really wanna go to a USA residency program (ie. IM) as an IMG. I scored 93 and 92 on steps 1 and 2. However, I did very badly (pass) in preclinical courses. Do you think I will have a chance in being matched to an IM program? Thanx!
Do you think school grades or USMLE scores are more important for IMG's?
tulip

I think USMLE scores are more important for IMGs.
Debeli

Davide where are you from
dr_kfc

you will need c grade..but don't worry as with these high score sand add your language communication skills i can say you are matched...but don't you want to share me what sources did you use to get the score..if u r interested we can share many valuable info..i know many things about the system but i realy lack about sources..if so contact me directly at kairegypt....good luck buddy
manhoj

As an IMG, your grades are not important. Residency programs in US only look at USMLE scores for IMGs.
joewest

What do you think they look at for US grads? Are you one of those that think PDs take all personal statements home to read during the weakend? Or maybe your Dean's letter... an opinion of someone that certainly doen't even know your name... Let's face it, USMLE scores are by far the most important thing in your entire application. If you're IMG, however, they will ONLY look at your scores.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »