Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
residency -
Vic

Listen up everyone.

ANYONE can get into a residency if they want it badly. I took Step 1 4 times and finally passed it on the 4th attempt with a low score (78); studied extremely hard for Step 2 but still managed to only get an 82. I had several interviews for anesthesia at the time but did not get in anywhere. I scrambled for one month after the match and finally got myself into a preliminary year of surgery, worked extremely hard, and spoke to the program director in internal medicine at the same hospital and got in there. Now, im going to be starting a Cardiology fellowship in 2004.

The point is. Even if you have low scores do one year in something. There are PLENTY of family practice programs that go unfilled. Do one year in that, distinguish yourself, get good letters of recommendations and reapply. Of course, it would be better if you do FP at a place where they have a program you are interested in.

NEVER LOSE FAITH AND NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
WS - wshen12345678

I have similar USMLE scores as yours. Don't know what to do next. It was said the preliminary surgery is very brutal. Not any one can survive from that. Is it true?
Pretty me

Vic, you are an inspiration to us all. Thank you.
RusGirl

Thank you for the encouragement to everybody Smile
Iftekhar - ifte7

It is avery good inspiration and encouraging advice"persistence pays off". Thank you for a wonderful piece of advice.
marco

god bless you amigo..
atol - atoldr

Thank you very much for your encouragement. But really don't know waht are the FP programs go unfilled every year. Can anybody help me to provide the info about those programs?
nandu - nandu_ad

thanks for advice, really impressive.from now on i will study for my step 2 exam.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »