Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i got 9 interviews -
h1seeker

hi every body
till now i hve 9 interviews in IM .. despite i applied for 40 programs .....

till when , i may expect more interviews to come ?
Farahz

Hello,

Are there any restriction to the no of programs we can apply?

Does some1 know anything about NRMP??
-thx Farah
VM

9 out of 40 is a pretty god number....anyway, u can expect to get more interviews this month.
there is no restriction to how many programs u can apply to. u can find out more abt nrmp at www.nrmp.org
med95

9 interviews is a respectable number at this stage in the process. As long as you have not recieved rejections from the remainder of the programs I would not apply to more programs, as for you it would be a waste of money. There is nothing top gain by applying randomly. If you get another 6 interviews which you should then you will get to the "critical 15". I think 15 interviews is enough to gaurantee a "match". I have 10 interviews out of 28 programs I applied to. I have one rejection so far. I am not planning to apply to more programs. Of course my programs were carefully researched and selected to maximise chances of a getting a call to interview. Good luck .
Sarah

Could u please tell me ur Score, clinical experience and LOR please. I'm really concerned about mine...THKS
joewest

I'm in a very similar situation. I've got 11 interviews so far, 4-5 from very good, large programs. All are decent programs though. One rejection. Applied to 28 programs, all H1 sponsors. In case your wondering, I have US clinical exp, top usmle scores, great letters, no GC, obviously. From what I've heard, the programs will continue to actively send interview calls through november.

Best of luck to all,
h1seeker

my scores are :
step 2 : 97
step 1 : 93
ECFMG certified
no usa clinical experience
no GC

i got 9 interviews and 9 rejections
my interviews are
st. joseph ,IL ,
st. Francis IL ,
Finch IL ,,,
Henry Ford ,,
ST louis university, MO ,,,,,
U of M at kansas city ,,,,
U of Kentucky ,,,,
Drexel UNI ......
Wayne state University

good luck
adel

it is good man
Dr Joe - josephfeuerstein

Everyone sounds like they are doing well.
How many interviews are you intending to go to altogether?
I have ten and I have stopped accepting because it is so tiring and costly.
What about you guys

I applied altogether to 18 (F.P)- have had 12 interviews and still no rejections, but I expect to get the rejections soon (e.g. MAYO clinic- no chance!!)

Happy hunting
Joe
ss

dr joe ,
is ten interviews enough for a match?i have 12 interviews in FP but my scores are not so good(76/88).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »