Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residency Application Assistance - imgresident1
I have been visiting this website for many years now. The same questions and misconceptions are coming up from different IMG candidates because of the lack of information about "how the system works".

The common questions:
- is research better than an observership
- how can I observe if I need to work to support my family
- I have been trying to apply for three years with excellent scores and it doesn't seem to work
- I am desperate because my multiple attempts are a hinderance
- what is a post match and how can i get prepared for it
- Do u really think I can get a pre-match? How do all these people do it?
- Where can I find a list of programs for observership or that sponsor visa.
- Is there a shortcut as far as not having to do a residency in a specialty if I had already done it.
- I have many publications and it doesn't seem to make a difference
- I just got offered a pre-match but I don't know if I should accept it or not? How can I answer that?
- What to wear and how to act on the day of interview?
- How to act at the resident dinner? Shall I ask questions? Not?
- How can I look for a job in the medical field?
- how can I make a personal statement
- And the most common of all: What are my chances?

cleared many of these misconceptions in my endeavor to assist fellow IMG's, which helped dozens access residency when they have been unsuccessful previously.
What makes me good at it? I am a IMG who is a resident in the US and a soon-to-be fellow. I have been through it and helped others get through it for a few years now.
You may review some feedback from previous candidates... If interested, email me....please don't post a message for me to email you.
I only work with motivated candidates, so please be serious because I take my job to heart.

LATEST EMAIL (6/15/06):
Dear IMGRESIDENT,
After long break since postmatch I finally got accepted to --- ---- residency PGY-1 position starting in July, 2006. I was very exited to hear this great news. I already signed the contract. I am leaving to ---- next week for orientation.
Overall, I would like to thank you SO MUCH for helping me with my docs and interview.
If you still continue to help doctors with their professional career it is great that you are doing this.
All the advices that you gave it to me were very useful.
Thank you VERY VERY much again
PS: I will recommend you to anyone I know who need professional help .
------------------------------------------------
Other posts:
sly - 04/29/06 10:02 (USMLEFORUM.com)

Very honest guy; give him a try if u did not receive any interviews or failed to match previously. His advice and or coaching is especially critical for old IMGs .
--------------------------
mythie - 04/29/06 10:17 (USMLEFORUM.com)

I agree with sly.
I prematched with his valuable tips.
Awesome
--------------------------------------------
I had to deal with the suspicion of dealing with a stranger at first, but I can write a testimony myself....i have been quite impressed by ur service.
I enjoy the answers you made for me. I need more answers from you to prepare my X number of interviews. I will follow your suggestion to write thank notes, which I will send you to edit first.
-----------------------------------------------------
I got my prematch!!!!. I would like to extend a token of my gratitude to you. You have been a great help! Can't thank you enough for your valuable time,mind and suggestions.
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear IMGresident
This is to let you know that I matched in Neurology!!!!!!
Before I started working with you, I had thought that interview is just to walk into a room, answer some questions and then leave them judging and scoring me. But from the your guidance, I realize that there are a lot more for an interviewee can/should prepare to best possibly demonstrate his/her competency, qualities and interest.

I'm especially appreciative that you also help me with my communication skills, teach me to present it clearly and skillfully, which did maximize my interview efficiency. Your suggestion and advice sound very professional and to the point.

Overall, thanks a lot!
-------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your prompt reply. No need for apologies. I prefer and welcome upfront and direct feedback. I thought I made a good PS so thank you for all the comments because I didn't see how it was affecting me and now I do. The new PS is good and has more substance.
I can't even describe how much you have moved me and gave me hope and start to see the bright side of things.I know I'm not an agressive person and this won't lead me anywhere either so talking with you really woke me up and at least now I already have an idea how to go about things.
I have given your no. to someone I know....I think there are a lot of people out there that may benefit from your services.
It would truly be my honor to be a witness of your superior service.
you have guided me through the dark time of my residency application, acted professional even at the time where I stressed out. No matter what is the outcome, I appreciated your help.
Thank you again for giving me a new perspective in my application. I was so bored waiting for replies doing nothing when I was supposed to have done so many things while waiting.

IMGresident
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »