Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't lose hope -
Desi

Wanted to let you all know that I got aprematch offer from St. E's (Tufts) and I have signed it. Psych is what I was interested in andd I am happy. I had 77/81/76/ Old grad (1994) Doing research since last three years at a prestigious university. I had interviewd at Harvard as well (I was SHOCKED to even recieve an interview there; only applied there for fun) The interview there went well but having no prematch policy they said they will rank me high and were very much interested. The secs and profess had email lingo post interview all the time. Still I decided with other prematch tha I was offered. I had only 2 interviews this year. I applied very very late (end of Nov). So all good friends out there: Do not lose hope. Keep working where ever you are and whatever god has given the opportunity to do. Jus t do it honestly and believe in yourself. Do not let others tell you what you are capable of. Set highest standards for yourself and work for it. Lastly, Be good!
dost

spot on ! my friend. God bless u!
lisa

Thanks Desi! You give us hope!
hehadoc

THAT´S A GOOD NEW FOR YOU AND FOR ALL WE HAVE THE SAME SITUATION.
I´M AN IMG, GRADUATED IN 2000 AND IF I SUCCEED, PROBABLY I WILL APPLY IN 2006. I´M SCARED BECAUSE SOME OF THE FOLKS SAY IT IS NOT GOOD TO APPLY IF YOU GRADUATED AFTER 5 YEARS. I KNOW THAT IS A REQUIREMENT OF SOME HOSPITALS BUT I WON´T GIVE UP. IN FACT I´M STUDYING MORE TO GET A GOOD SCORE FOR STEP 1. I HAVE SOME PROBLEMS IN MY COUNTRY BECAUSE THERE ARE NO JOBS FOR PHYSICIANS , SO SOME OF THE TIME I HAVEN´T WORKED, BUT NEWS LIKE YOU HAVE MAKE ME TO RAISE MY HOPE AGAIN. PLEASE CAN YOU COMMENT MORE ABOUT MY FEAR?
nisha - drnisha23

believe me, u haven given hopes.thanx a lot for that, & good luck to you.
hehadoc

ANY OPINION?
kk - stuff4saleinwarren

Desi,
Had you done your postgraduation before? What do you think helped you at Harvard?
Desi

I think it was my 3 years research experience in the same speciality. They asked lot of clinical questions. I spent about 45 minutes on Chest pain, abdominla pain and DVT/PE with the PD. Even though out of clinical touch for a long time. She seemed to be very happy with my answers.
kk - stuff4saleinwarren

Hi Desi,
Ty for the fast reply. Can you please write to me? Alternatively may I have your email addy?
hehadoc

hi desi.i´d like to know more about if you didn´t have problems about your year of graduation in order to get the residency. as i said, i m a 2000 graduate and i plan to enter in 2006. many programs says about the 5 year deadline for the year of graduation. what was your experience dealing with that? do you think only research helped you to override this problem?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »