Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can i ask prematch in my first interview - joey123
I DISAGREE EMPHATICALLY.

If a program doesnt want to give you a PM, asking them half-a-dozen times WON'T help.
On the contrary, if they are interested in offering you a PM -- then they'll do it on their own and then its upto you to decide.

if you can, you could mention in the interview that you are interested in prematch in general, but don't ask directly. Or ask them Qs about prematches (like "I know your program has offered prematch in the past, was that beneficial to the program and is it something you might do again this year and in the future".. something like that). I'm not sure how you'd be able to give them that info, maybe at the dinner with residents the night before?

Your coaching is highly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

belibi - 10/05/09 16:27

right on.

If you ask for a prematch you sound like a desperate person.
There is a strategy to obtain prematch from people. The #1 strategy is seduction. Make them like you. Prepare your IV so that your performance blow them away. then, use some of the approach described in the international medical graduate's best hope to consolidate.

I can coach you on how to interview well and close the deal

See my services at www.img-coach.com
Product section.

Dr. Belibi
i dont know but i went for an interview and the chief resident said to ask in the thank you letter if there is possibility they will consider you for prematch, she said that after her interview, she called and asked them and later she was offered , so its mixed feeilngs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »