USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: getting tougher - 2009future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
as an american is very difficult to get interviews in im. how could that happen to me in my own country?
thats not true....
NO that is very much true,unless Residency laws are changed by "mass demonstration" in front of White Hosue, the system will remain same & will get worst for US Citizen & GC IMGs
magic7293,
Do you have suggestion?
US Citizen & GC IMGs,
you have to stand up.
unfortunate but truth. i think pd prefer noncitizens because they could make them work more without afraid of them quiting or switch program.
it's true in SOME programs it's obvious they prefer non-citizens but I believe there are more programs preferring US citizens and GC holders.
and also the ones preferring US citizens are usually the better teaching programs where as alot of even the high scoring non-citizens are used like work horses and not trained very much. It's the programs' fault not the non-citizens. Many residency programs are basically taking the easy way out for themselves instead of focussing on teaching like they are supposed to.
yepp, with the increasing unemployment rates it is so sad. so how do citizens stand up for themselves. it needs to be big.

admaneed: there are more small prog than big univ programs. programs received medicare funding with the purpose of training citizens, but like any other country, abuse of powers and corruption happen.
i dont think the US citizens compete with IMGs, they will get good uni positions even with scores in 80s,
they just compete amongst themselves-ie -US citizens and gc holders ,
and IMGs compete with IMGs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13