USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: a very old grad! my score 236/99 - drmr50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I was a silent viewer of this forum in the last 12 months and I am writing this to thank our freinds who shared their experiences before and I learned a lot from them and to give more motivation to old graduates like myself,
I was graduated at 1982!!!! worked as general practitioner for years and finally decided to come to the states for the sake of my children' higher education. I statrted study 12 months ago but it was not continuous as i quit several times due to family responsibilities. Let me tell you that the most difficult part of it was that i had to stop working after 28 years of hard work and study like a young student!!!! I studied hard only at the last 4 months. reviewd Kaplan texts 2 times, Goljan pathology once and UW 2 times. I couldn't do all of FA but reviewed chapters of it rapidly in the last week.
The most important thing in the exam is time managemaent and I learned this in this forum from what our dear friends shared from their experience. Thanks to all of them.
***TO ALL OLD GRADS***: dear friends the exam is doable. it is fairly balanced between basic science( good for young students who are fresh in them) and clinical experience ( good for us old grads with years of experience).
wow great.........many congrats
I am proud of you. I am old graduated too and I am still struggle with basic science. Good luck on step 2
Congratulations......Enjoy this day...
great man
your children will be realy proud of you
CONGRATSS !!!
gr8 efforts mam... Ur result is a motivation for all of us... Heartiest congratulations for your result, I was born in 84 and sometime wonder that I cannot do this anymore, but you have ignited the fire in me... ...!! thanks..!! congrats again mam.
congratulation...........
Dear friends
many thanks to you all. Dear hp1107 i wish you a good score. I just want to say that don't try to learn or memorize all basic science but only get the most importatnt concepts that are ferequently presented in the UW and FA. I suggest to do NBME online and assess your position.

TO ALL FREINDS: NBME IS A VERY GOOD INDICATOR OF THE EAL EXAM. Try to do at least all of them. i did only 2 of them.
many congratulations!!! best of luck in your next steps.
Dear reach4stars
I have learned that the beauty and joy of life is in trying not reaching. you'll have many tests in your coming years of life, enjoy them!
I
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12