USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
sp for ck in jan/feb - ckinjan - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 2 CK (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: sp for ck in jan/feb - ckinjan (/showthread.php?tid=635548)

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-27-2012

hi all..
started uw 2nd round,with cardio.just got 64%,1st time was 51%.i'm sooooo depressed,but taking hints advice,i'm using it as a learning tool.i intended doing it random,but changed my mind.
i have 9 days to round up uw(2nd time).i'm also doing a fast review of kaplan at d same time(not all areas though).after that,i'll do an nbme,then go through mtb again.i hope i make my deadline.............
@sal10...i wish i was the one having 70% in cardio 2nd time...lol.

hi,I sent form 186 to ecfmg plus submit my online application,i got an email about online part that they recieved it but about form 186 it is showing didn't recieved it..I called them they said it will take 10 days to put in the system but it had been 15 days ..What to do?Any idea friends plus i think i will join u guys but i am studying with sps..but i guess still it would be good...
I chk ur guys progress & compare mine ,
Pls comments on ecfmg stuff as i am getting worried now..

@viv26- I know how it feels... Actually I gave so much time in cardio and I was getting confused while answering the questions and it made me depressed.. But I thing hint is right,,, we should use uw as a learnig tool. that's way we won't be stressed out.. Good to know ur plan.. Good lick and study well.

@umlemle- I don't have any idea about that,, may be you can give them a call and ask.. And you can join us any time.. Good luck..

@viv
Dnt get upset,bridge ur knoweldge of KLN with uworld and KLN.,uworld is not asssesment tool,its learning tool.Good luck
@umlemle i sent form 186 two time and they took atleast 3 weeks to process that,u will get email when they will update sonething,hope this helps,welcome to the group.
@sal from where you practise murmurs??
Happy studying everyone

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-28-2012

hi to all,
i am following this post ,,my exam is in feb too,,but i cant add my daily report bcoz i am a mom of newborn Smile so irregular study schedule,,,
plz friends can any1 tell me when we give uwsa exam it shows result after each block or a single cumulative,,
i have to give it within a week and very tenced about that if it shows result after each block,,,plz reply me,,
ckinjan,,and hint and others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,plzzzzzzzzz

@ umlemle : I am assuming here that you have not taken Step 1. And you are applying to ECFMG for the first time. To tell you frankly, when I was applying for my step1 last year, there were so many obstacles and wait time that I stopped studying for couple of months. and then when the permit finally came, I had just one and half months left to take the exam in my slot. I did not wish to pay anthing extra for rescheduling the slot. so I just took the exam. So the gist if the story is when you are doing application for the first time, you need to be patient and consistent with them. Keep calling them if you don't understand anything. and wait for the process to complete. It takes little longer time than expected. But to stop studying. Don't get stressed. If they are saying they received it then they have .. they will update it soon.

@ viv26, sal10 : good going you two. I will join for second round of UW soon.

@usmle911 : I know that NBME gives that score and predicted score at the end of four blocks. I have not taken UWSA and don't know much about it. But people on the forum say that it is very close predictor of your final score.

@ckinjan: How is it going?

My report: I finally received an email from ECFMG that I will receive permit from NBME within 1 week. And there are only three dates available in nearby prometric. Sad . Anyways ... Waiting!
I finished OBGYn from Kaplan. I plan to read Psy from MTB3 today.

I googled images for dermatology. and ECGs. But Will anybody please share the sites from ECGs, Radiology, dermatology images and Murmurs can be studied at one place? I really appreciate that.

Happy studying... Lets do it!

Hi all,
Anyone planning to do nbme? uwsa? I'm going to do uwsa feb 2,,When are you guys taking the test?
GL

Thnx for the reply friends..
As of weekend i guess my studies is going too slowwwwwwwwwww...
will try to post updates..

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-29-2012

hello everyone,
@hint,in which month you looked for dates???feb or march?i also checked with ine and last 4 days of march are available,i will book my date within next2,3 days.
anybody plz give me idea how we can discuss nbme online??after being done with that.
im litle bit slow on weekend,im left with hematolgy,derma and cardio revision,will try to fiinish tom and will give nbme 1 on tuesday,wish me good luck .
happy sudying

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-29-2012

Email cheng_hua.fang