USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
sp for ck in jan/feb - ckinjan - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 2 CK (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: sp for ck in jan/feb - ckinjan (/showthread.php?tid=635548)

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-07-2012

@sal10..hope y guys are doing good
@ckinjan,how is it going??
@hint...u have ample time to revisit uw and mtb before that date,i.e if u choose to go with it.You're already going to get at least 235,but with the final revisions,ur score is definitely going to be much higher.So go for that date,uw and mtb,and come back and tell us the good news.......moreover this exam is best taken when you're at the peak,and that is where you are right now.i wsi i were in your shoes..(laughs)

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-08-2012

Thanks viv26 for your support. So you want me to take exam in 2 weeks or 3 weeks?

100 - ArchivalUser - 02-08-2012

Good to be among people traveling in the same boat...let's keep ourselves motivated..I am in the process of second reading of KLN and doing UW...want to take one of the assessments before I proceed further...thinking of doing UWSA before doing NBMEs...How predictive is uwsa?any ideas are welcome...

hi everyone, thanks for ur prayers and wishes.. We are feeling better. I have started my study again, doing psychiatry. And a bit scare,because I only studied mtb3 but while doing uw it seems to me that its not enough. But I didn't study kaplan earlier.. Should I read it?

glad to see our forum running so well, its really nice both of you (ckinjan n hint) are discussing questions.

@hint- how are doing? Have you decided the date?

Hey sal10, good to have you back. Good to hear that you are your family are doing better now and you resume back. MTB 3 does not have childhood pervasive disorders, MR and difference between conduct disorder and personality disorders in childhood. (in short childhood psychiatry) So you will have to refer to Initial pages of MTB2 psychiatry. I read Kaplan notes for psychiatry only once. You can just skim through for difficult topics.

I have yet to decide the date ...

hello everyone,
feeling soooooooooooooooooooo upset guys,hardly managed to study few topics,i have wasted a full week,i have to be in gear now so that i can move forward,looks like im stuck in ck.,,
@viv and sal when you guys will take nbme and real test?
@hint i feel you shoud take 3 weeks,but you can decide better,
@100 cats welcome to the group.
GOOD LUCK EVERONE

@ckinjan: don't be upset. Make a study plan for a week or two (for everyday).. then you will know your progress. Even if you do less for one day, you know exactly how much to cover in following day.... and you are definitely not stuck in CK... You are very close to exam...

Hope you feel better

@hint- thanks dear for the suggestions.. I decided to do few topics from kap and I will look at mtb2( which I didn't do earlier) . As everybody else is saying , you did great on nbme, so the fact is you are ready, but taking the real exam is really big .. If you think you need few more days to do a good revision then you can delay the exam for few days, but if you think that you have reached ur limit then go for the exam.

@ckinjan- don't be upset. You are almost there, you are studying so well.. And you know ur week area, so try to study those 1st,, may be you wasted some times, but start again,,, you will be fine.

I havent decided any date about exam, as my progress is not that good I want to finish the uw 1st, then Will do a quick review and the decide about nbme..its seems a long endless path :-(

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-09-2012

@Sal10: Thanks for the suggestion ... I will decide something today... How are the studies?

@Ckinjan: how are you doing today? Little better?

My report:
I read my some notes from U.W. I will revise some MTB2 today...

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-09-2012

any female sp to do uw qs? kindly contact ASAP