Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
difference bet observership n externship - med_info21
Thanx clindamycin,
these tips can really be very helpful..
i wanted to ask one more thing:
Given an option what would you pick up. A research or an observership at a place?
What are the things we are looking for in return in a research?..

Hi friend(clindamycin)'
it's me again ,who started this topic.u said u mailed to physicians .where we will get their mail ids?
dear messy doc... what ever you can put your hands to... do it... whether its observership or research... nothing can beat a clerkship or internship where you get the direct hands on experience.... its not easy to grab any.... one thing that goes in the favor of research is that it can be of long term... kind of fills in the gaps in the CV... while observerships are usually of a month or mostly of two... no body likes to have a extra shadow around...

what to look for in research?... well i had a good uni name... even though there were no publications which is another thing to look for in the research....

med_info21... you have to dig in the websites to get the email addresses of the professors.... usually the medical school websites have all the addresses.... go look in the faculty.... what i wrote in the email was plain and simple... that i m a FMG from pakistan... and i m really interested in having some USCE.... and i would be highly obliged if you grant me this opportunity of observing you in clinics or assisting you in your research work.... some thing like that.... the key is to get the e mail addresses... dig in the university hospitals/medical school's websites...

Good luck...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »