Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it true? - drxyz1
RUBBISH. If you get an interview, you are good at, everything works out......your graduation date dont matter, believe me
thanks wat r u doing bestbuy,r u in residency
It dosenot matter i am an old grad n got a prematch in im this yr..all the best!
thanks
capsule r u a permenant resident
nope...
Well, I graduated in 2000 but did several things since then including research and publications, PhD, and clinical practice. My scores were high with very good reference letters from Canada and US. I received a fair number of interviews and 4 pre-match offers and still went for the match. I am saying all this to convey the point that I happened to have a good application this year. Still in almost every interview someone brought up the year of graduation and being out of med school for such a long time. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR THE GAP. If they believe you, you're fine. If they think you just changed you plans several times and now ended up here, it could be problematic. So have your story ready and be prepared to back it up with your CV. It's more difficult but still very possible.
Give it your best shot and good luck.
By the way, I only applied for IM and need visa
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »